PAGES

Big Recap

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Hello! Sorry I haven't written in a while, we have been super busy! We went to Houston three weeks ago and Bryce came back and forth from Pittsburgh and Houston for business and Olivia and Cole's baptism. The twins and I stayed with my parents for two amazing weeks and I was so sad to leave. While we were in Houston we took advantage of the warmer weather (warmer compared to the sub zero temperatures we are used to) when we could. The majority of the trip we spent trying to kick the colds we caught.  First, Cole caught it, then I caught it, Olivia caught it, then my mom and dad got it. It was seriously like the walking dead for  a while. Luckily, Tylenol did the trick and Olivia and Cole started feeling better in a few days. We did get to see all my friends that I haven't seen since July (my last trip home) and it was so good to see all of them. Unfortunately, during the time that Olivia was sick was one of my best friends bachelorette parties. I opted to go just for the lingerie shower and go home before the night started because I didn't want to leave Olivia her first time sick. I was so sad to miss the bachelorette party, but her wedding is in two weeks and we are going back to Houston for it and I absolutely can not wait! On our last day in Houston, my parents, Olivia, Cole and I went to walk at the bayou. The bayou is one of my favorite places back home. It is so peaceful and I absolutely love being outdoors. 


The day after we got back to Pittsburgh, Olivia and Cole turned four months! They are growing so fast and every day they do something new...it is so fun! Everyone asks me "How do you do it? How do you handle twins practically by yourself with Bryce working and having no family close by?" Honestly, I just do it. I don't know anything different. I'm not going to lie, there have been a few days where I call my mom or Bryce crying because I am so stressed out because the kids just keep screaming or their nap schedules are COMPLETELY not on the same schedule (which makes for absolutely NO time to myself ). It will be so much easier when the weather is 
warmer and we can spend our days outside instead of being cooped up with little to nothing to do.  Warm weather makes everything better. :)


Speaking of warmer weather, I did a little Spring shopping (online) last night. I LOVE spring and summer clothes and there are so many cute clothes out there right now. I also got a new diaper bag! My old one was a Carters and I really liked it, but it just wasn't practical with two babies. It had to go on the shoulder and when I carry both babes, it would always fall off and hit one of them or just be a total pain in the ass. I have been wanting a new one for a while, but didn't know which one to get, until my friend Pam came over to my parents house in Houston! She had a Petunia Pickle Bottom bag and I fell in love with it.  My mom and dad ended up buying it for me and it just came in the mail yesterday! The thing I love most about it (besides all the room it has) is that it can be used as a satchel or as a back pack. I am going to use it as a back pack because with two babies, you need both arms as much as possible.


Well, I think I've caught y'all up on what's been going on the past month or so. Hope y'all have a great Friday, tomorrow! 





1 comment:

  1. I'm loving your blog, Rachel! It's great and I love reading about your experiences with the twins. They are so beautiful!

    -Ceci-

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design