PAGES

Weekend Recap

Monday, January 20, 2014

I hope everyone's weekend was amazing like ours! I love weekends, it means I have help during the day because Bryce is off :). Friday morning started by Cole waking up at 6:00 and being wide away. It didn't bother me at all because he always smiles in the morning and is the happiest baby. If the twins wake up before 7:00, but after 5:00 I bring them in bed with us. There is a fine line because I don't want them to get spoiled and start a habit of sleeping in our bed, but I love snuggling with them. He eventually fell back asleep about an hour later, just in time for Liv to wake up. As soon as I opened the curtains in their room I found a beautiful sunrise. I hate the snow and cold weather in Pennsylvania, but I have to admit that it was beautiful.            


Later that morning, I called Bryce and asked him if he wanted to skip the afternoon of work and come home to go to lunch and walk the mall with the twins and I and he said yes! I had a few errands at the mall I wanted to run and lunch is always a bonus. Our mall has a Red Robin attached to it and I hadn't eaten there since I was in high school so we decided to go there. I had forgotten how good their burgers were, holy cow. Olivia and Cole were great until about an hour and a half into shopping and then all hell broke loose. Olivia crapped her pants and I despise changing diapers in public. It's such an ordeal, I much rather having my changing table available and everything laid out for me instead of pulling things out of my diaper bag. I always seem to be in complete disarray, diapers falling on the ground, wipes flying in the air, and people staring at me because while one child is screaming on the changing table, the other is screaming in the stroller. It's fantastic. I did learn the hard way to always have an extra pair of clothes for each baby in my baby bag in case of an emergency. I learned this by being at a nice restaurant for brunch one Saturday with our friends and Liv exploded all the way up 
her stomach and back and I had NO extra clothes for her. She spent the rest of brunch in her same outfit, sitting on a burp cloth. Real prepared, Rachel.
Saturday we had a pretty relaxed day and I went out with my friend for a "Mama's Night Out". It was a direct hit to the gut for me to realize I am definitely not in college anymore. Nothing like having a head ache from drinking too much and babies crying to make the pounding more intense. My mom told me that she did the same thing when I was a baby and quickly realized that those days were over and I have to agree.
Sunday afternoon we went over to our friends house to have some gumbo and it was delicious. It made me so excited about our upcoming trip home. We are going home for Olivia and Cole's baptism and I'm staying a while because I'm going to one of my best friends bachelorette party the following weekend. I haven't been home since July because I wasn't allowed to travel past that because I was pregnant and this is the first time I want to put the twins on a plane since they've been born. All the germs that are on a plane are just gross if you think about it. I will have plenty of hand sanitizer readily available!
Hope everyone has a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design