PAGES

What you need and what you want

Friday, January 17, 2014

There are certain things every mom should have and there are things every mom wants. The "should have" category is not nearly as fun as the "wants" category. I have compiled a list of top "should have" things and also a list of my "wants". Up first are the things I think you need (obviously having twins most things are multiplied by two).




Pottery Barn Kids Halo Sacks-this is something we have just recently started using and they are a life saver. I was always worried about blankets getting in their faces in the middle of the night and with the Halo Sacks, that can't happen! By far, one of my favorite things (they are warm too, perfect for winter months).
First Years Sound Machine- twins wake each other up when they cry, super. So this sound machine is amazing. It has multiple white noises and classical music options to choose from. Bonus: you can hook your iPod up to it as well.
Fisher Price Rainforest Play Mat- Olivia and Cole love this. It has lights on top for them to stare at and multiple options to play with. Both kids fit on it so there is only a need for one. Over time, we have added a few more colorful things for them to grab.
Dr. Brown Bottles- our pediatrician says, and I quote, "that shit doesn't makes difference." I do agree with him with the gas aspect that the bottles are really sold for, but the speed in which the formula/milk comes out of them is perfect. We tried Avent bottles first and for some reason when the twins sucked on it, it came out faster (even with the size 0 nipple). This is purely my opinion, but these bottles have worked best for us.
Boon Lawn Drying Rack-we have two of these because the amount of bottles we wash daily is insane. Many of my friends with one baby get by with the Boon Grass Drying Rack, but the lawn is bigger and with twins, two is necessary.
Fisher Price Rock N Play- this is MY NUMBER ONE pick for any baby. It's a total God send. The twins slept in it for the first month before we transitioned them into their cribs. I now use it to lay them in while one is getting fed and the other is waiting. Something about the arch and the tightness of it makes the baby sleep all through the night ;).
Aiden and Anais Swaddle Blankets-I love how light and big they are. They are perfect for a tiny
baby to be swaddled in and also for a toddler to use as a blanket at night. They are a very light material so they would work perfect during the summer time as well!

Now onto the "wants". Who doesn't like to shop for their kid? I have decided and, unfortunately, have to admit that I have an addiction to online shopping. I was never a huge mall shopper to begin with and now I simply don't have the time with twins to do any kind of shopping except for online. The other day, I went to buy a dress for their baptism and also for one of my best friends rehearsal dinner and I took the twins with me into White House Black Market...it was awesome horrible. Olivia cried the entire time and who can blame her, it's not fun shopping for other people :). Anyways, onto the true topic, all of these stores except, for three, are small businesses. I shop around Etsy a lot and have found some awesome shops and also a lot of entrepreneurs.

Baby Gap- absolutely love this place. I typically am not a sales shopper, but for this store I have to make the exception. Their clothes are the absolute cutest on babies.
Zara- WHAT THE?! Yes, Zara has a baby store and I am in love. The shoes for the boys are so cute. I want to buy every single one for Cole. The only thing is their clothes tend to run a little big, but still...adorable. 
Carter's- I know everybody shops for their baby here, it's kind of like the staple clothing store for kids, but their footed pajamas (which is a newborn essential) are so comfortable and soft. Olivia and Cole sleep in Carter pajamas every night. 
SadieSkyBoutique on Etsy- she makes bows for the little ladies and I almost die every time I look at her shop. Olivia has almost all of her bows and head wraps. 
ALittleLadyShop on Etsy- also love her bows and we have a ton. 
IvoryKate.com- cutest Mary Jane shoes for girls. They are to die for. I want them in every color for Liv. 
Crewandlu.bigcartel.com- Okay, obsessed. Such cute shoes for the little man or little lady in your life. 

There you have it. Those are the stores that I shop at for the twins constantly. Like I said, it has begun
 to become a problem. I can sit on these sites for forever and I don't feel bad about it. Now that I have been writing about these stores and the kids are asleep, I might have to go find them some new outfits...


Hope y'all have a great weekend! 



1 comment:

  1. I thought I would answer your question here, rather than over on my blog to be sure you saw it! As far as my design goes, I had someone do it all for me! I can usually figure things out on my own but I honestly just don't have the time and having someone take care of it all and make it look great was the way to go for me! If you want the name/info of someone great who is SUPER affordable, email me and I'll give you a link to her etsy shop :-) My email is jess@sadieskyboutique.com

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design